22.6.18

According to a story in the New York Times yesterday, Mohamed Banba, a seven-foot center from Texas, was drafted by the Orlando Magic this month. "He broke the N.B.A. combine record for wingspan measurement, reaching an absurd 7 feet 10 inches. (His standing reach is a full three inches taller than any player measured at the combine.)"



"Arm span or reach (sometimes referred to as wingspan) is the physical measurement of the length from one end of an individual's arms (measured at the fingertips) to the other when raised parallel to the ground at shoulder height at a 90° angle. The average reach correlates to the person's height.”  [Wikipedia ]

What happened?

And now I am wondering what happens to this proportion as I grow older; I used to be 6 feet four inches and I am at least two inches shorter now. Will I have to ask the waiter to set the glass of beer closer to me?

No comments: